"It's great when students start to speak the same language with you."
Introducing the Puppet Science Expert, Author of Puppet Making Textbooks - Hope Gensitskaya
- Education - theatrical costume designer-technologist.
- Studied theatrical costume at GITIS Theater.
- She worked in a puppet theater - studio "Shlyapa".
- Since 1989 he has been creating Art Puppets.
- From 2001 to 2019 she taught at the School of Puppet Design S. Voskresenskaya.
- From 2006 to 2013 she worked in the studios of the Harry Bardeen Stayer film studio. Participated in the project "The Ugly Duckling" (a full-length puppet cartoon that won the National Cinematic Award "Nika" for the best animated film)
Heroes of The Ugly Duckling
⭐Participant and prize-winner of Russian and international doll exhibitions since 2001;
V International Puppet Show, Moscow, Vakhtanov Gallery, “Audience Prize
sympathy ”, 2002.
VI International Exhibition of Art Dolls, Vakhtanov Gallery, prize and diploma in
nomination "Modern original doll" for the work "Intermission", 2003.
⭐Puppeteer artist, teacher, with 20 years of experience.
⭐Author of the bestselling book series “The Story of Onĕ Doll”.
⭐Permanent̆ member of the jury of the “History of Fashion” puppet competition.
Books by Nadezhda Gensitskaya:
In her books, combining the experience of an artist and a teacher, Nadezhda presents a complete course on creating an author's doll. The way of presenting the material is very interesting. The features of the embodiment of male and female images, the creation of a static doll with internal dynamics and in motion are shown.
The publications cover all stages of work on an art doll. Sculpture is of particular importance: from examining the basic proportions of human bodies to sculpting the head, arms and legs.
The process of creating a doll costume is described in detail: taking measurements using the tattooing method, building patterns, processing fabrics, sewing clothes and making shoes.
- When you fail at something, it doesn't mean that you are a failure. Mistakes are just part of learning, growing, living.
- One of the characteristics of a truly productive creative person is the ability to transcend boundaries and push boundaries. Make creativity easy and enjoyable.
- If you can refine the idea and make things better, then go for it. This will give you pleasure from work and additional opportunities for creativity.
- Let your imagination run wild and try something you've never tried before.
- As you step out of your cozy burrow, your creativity will flow in a whole new direction. Meet new foods, different cultures, new ways to think and act. Go to the bizarre sculpture museum or dine on the downtown terrace just for people-watching. You will be surprised how much this will inspire you.
The best way to keep information in long-term memory is to educate someone else. Do not shake over your revelations and ideas. Share your loot with others. The more you give away, the more you have!
When you tell others something, you always finish your education. And every time it gets better and better.
Something is happening in our puppet world, I think it's something good!
Having bought a ticket to the exhibition, I went to see the dolls as a spectator.
Surprisingly, my "X-ray look" almost did not highlight the "jambs". It became interesting to watch and read puppet stories, and not to look at "how it is done."
Finally, this period of mastery formation is over.
And the doll exhibition itself looks like an unexpected, bright, busy and very professional art.
This is the real truth about a simple hobby that has reached unprecedented heights in the hands of our masters.
Do you know what an important role eye color plays in human appearance? And the skin? What about hair and eyebrows? In fact, these colors are the main, given by nature, the colors of the palette of every person. And the primary role in this is played by the eyes - they are the most informative in color.
The course “Dolls. Sense of color "
Professional practical analysis of each color type. Determination of the warmth, lightness and contrast of the doll.
We analyze the subtleties and details:
- skin tone, hair color, eyes;
- what red, blue, green, yellow, purple, neutral colors to choose for each color type;
- color combinations;
- determination of the warmth, lightness and contrast of the doll;
- drawing up an individual palette;
In her studies, Nadezhda introduces the basic characteristics of color, with the principles of color combination.
How to match colors and different fabrics in dolls? Surely every puppeteer artist has faced the problem of choosing the color of hair or eyes for a character, and the selection of fabrics for a doll's outfit is generally always torment, headache and doubts ...
Students of Nadezhda Gensitskaya share their impressions:
- Amazing course. He slightly turned the idea of color, although it is possible that this idea was upside down just before that.
- There were many discoveries, especially with regard to their appearance, the definition of their color type! And of course, the work on the color image of the doll was great, interesting, the brain was smoking in places!
- I have long dreamed of understanding in more detail and competently how to facilitate my work in the selection of colors for dolls. After meeting with Nadezhda, everything became clear on her course. I also learned what colors of clothes are right for me. What season do I belong to. It was fun, Nadezhda is a very open person.
- Thank you so much for the color science course! Life literally sparkled with new colors - what was felt at the level of intuition acquired a harmonious system and a clear algorithm for application. Excellent illustrative materials will not let you forget the experience gained in the classroom.
A few questions for Nadezhda:
What inspires you to create educational books?
Interest. Interest to study a problem or technique, adapt it to our puppet theme and tell all this to the masters.
How did you come to teaching?
I started teaching thanks to the head of the "School of Puppet Design" Svetlana Voskresenskaya (Lana Letta). She invited me to teach a course on plastic dolls. At that time, I had neither teaching experience, nor the experience of a puppet master. But the more you learn, the more you learn.
What do you think is your main professional success?
I think that my knowledge to some extent influenced the formation and development of doll making technologies. And the masters, having often studied them, come up with new moves and already give their master classes. And that's great!
Is it easy to be a jury member for puppet competitions?
Yes and no. Yes, because it's always interesting. No, because you have to be objective, and this is a very big responsibility.
What are you most proud of today?
I am proud that despite such a long period of time, our puppetry business is still interesting to me and from a simple hobby it has grown into a serious profession.
How I love my job! She grieves and makes me happy, sick and heals, she is a mother and a child. But the most important thing is that she will never betray, because she "screwed up" CAM.
Best regards, Tatiana Kalinina